So it’s that time again and I have another recipe for the Guru Nation. Its healthy it’s simple its comfort food and most of all it tastes amaaazing. I just got off the plane from an off the hook trip with Kosher Luxe in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
The views were breathtaking, the skiing fantastic, and the program was the icing on the cake. Coming home from such a journey in the snow, rain, and wind and tired beyond belief, I just wanted something easy and comforting, and I always find that in a simple piece of roast chicken.
Don’t get me wrong I love breasts, however for tonight’s dinner I used thighs and legs (I love those too) but believe me I don’t discriminate. Either way if you are a breast or bottom person you can still enjoy this dish. I simply take my chicken rinse it in cold water, dry it off and placed it on a cookie sheet sprayed with pam. I then covered my chicken in oh so yummy spices, some chunks of sweet potato, and rings of raw onion. I convection baked it on 350 degrees for an hour, while I unpacked and took a shower. Bam, comfort food at its finest with my chicken juicy and flavorful, the onion caramelized, and the sweet potatoes that just bursts in my mouth. I enjoyed every last bite of it paired with parsnip mash and crispy kale brussel sprouts and cabbage (recipe coming soon) before my head hit the pillow. Let me know how yours comes out by keeping those pics coming and make sure to follow me on facebook and instagram @kosherguru and on Twitter @thekosherguru , have a fantastic week.
- Chicken bottoms (I used 10 pieces of both thighs and legs)
- Raw onion slices into rings
- 1 large Sweet potato cut into small chunks
- Black Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Rinse and clean chicken lay out on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam
- Shake paprika garlic very little salt and black pepper directly onto chicken
- Cut up onion into rings and place on top of the chicken
- In a bowl combine 1 tbsp of oil with the sweet potato and salt and pepper to taste and place on top of chicken
- Convection bake at 350 for 1 hour chicken should have a nice golden color and the onion sand sweet potatoes caramelized
- If using chicken breast because of the size it might take longer to cook so just make sure the juices run clear or the chicken reaches an internal temp of 180 degrees.