Hey! It’s Ashira from #HubbyisHungry @ The Jewish Press and Instagram. I saw the amazing flatbreads you posted from Fuego in Miami.
They are a total favorite of ours, (going soon-yay!) and it got me really hungry, so I decided to come up with my own version at home. I took store-bought pizza dough and grilled it on both sides in a grill pan to create my flatbread. (Since my kitchen didn’t come with a brick pizza oven:) I then made an AMAZING homemade tomato jam for the spread. I put on top slow cooked meat, arugula, and drizzled with a honey garlic mayo. I’m attaching a video of the homemade tomato jam and the recipe with a finished pic. Thanks!
Write a review
- Roll pizza dough very thin and grill on both sides for the flatbread.
- I used a pre-packaged brown sugar bourbon miracle roast from @seasonsbaltimore. I slow cooked it in the crockpot for six hours, then shredded it into small pieces
- 2 pints of ripe grape tomatoes
- 1/3 c. cabernet sauvignon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 heaping tbspns. apple cider vinegar
- I cut the cherry tomatoes in half, placed them in a saucepan with the wine, brown sugar and vinegar and let it cook on a low flame for one hour, stirring every so often until it became a thick, amazing spreadable jam!
- I topped the flatbreads with jam, meat, arugula, and a honey garlic mayo- 1 c. light mayo, 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic, 3 tbsn. honey, 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, and a little water to thin it out.
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/