Another Great Recipe by the Kosher Guru. Today’s Recipe is Hassleback Franks these are so delicious you’ll want to make a lot of them.
Its summer and I think we grill at the Guru’s house almost every week. I love the quick easy prep and cleanup the grilling season has to offer. Another huge bonus is that my kids love burgers and franks, well let’s face it what kid doesn’t like burgers and franks. So this week to change things up a bit and to get a little playful I made hasselback franks using Meal Mart franks that are delish, and an amazing sauce that my kids devoured. Not only did they think they were the best thing since sliced bread I think they have requested me to make them for every meal, since they first debuted on our grill. Using chopsticks on my cutting board allowed me to cut the hotdogs super fast and without cutting through the entire hotdog creating this amazing surface for the sauce to cling to and such a fun way to eat the franks.
- 1 package Meal Mart franks (I used their reduced sodium ones)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (more if you like it spicy)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (your favorite one)
- Preheat your grill.
- Lay franks on a cutting board with the chopsticks running parallel on both sides of the franks.
- Cut slits in the franks (you can do all at the same time if your knife is big enough making sure you don't cut all the way through the hot dog the chopsticks should help you do this)
- Make your sauce mixing the sriracha, honey and BBQ sauce.
- Place franks on top shelf of a preheated grill.
- Baste the franks with the sauce using a brush.
- Allow to grill for about 3 minutes then turn the franks and baste the other side making sure to get into those fabulous cuts on those franks.
- Grill for about another 3 minutes or until your franks are slightly browned and your sauce has a nice caramelization and they are almost crispy they might deform a little bit into a C shape that means they are done.
- P.S. You might need another package of Meal Mart franks because they are seriously so good!!!