I never wanted a sous vide. I was like what do I need that for. Another gadget to take up space that I don’t have. What’s the point of it. Well Black Friday came, and I saw it on sale, and I guess peer pressure got the best of me, and I bought one. I’m going to tell you it’s really a fun toy. I use it all the time it’s not just something that takes up space, I actually find myself bringing it out to make yummy Shabbos meats and weekday meals and they have been coming out amazing. This week I even used it to keep my food warm for Shabbos day, and for this maybe it was worth it. Who knows? I now have one and I’m enjoying playing around with it. One of my favorite things to make using my sous vide are boneless ribs, they come out yummy. My kids gobble them up. I use Meal Mart boneless ribs and they come out perfect using this method. You need a lot of time for these but remember most of it you do not need to do a thing, just some advance planning is needed.
- 2-3 lbs Meal Mart boneless ribs
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Or use your favorite spice rub
- Your favorite BBQ sauce or something sweet like silan or honey
- Liberally sprinkle ribs with spice rub until they are nicely coated.
- Place in a bag and vacuum seal or place in a high quality ziplock with it open a little and submerge in water till it creates a seal and then close it making sure the air is out.
- This is to ensure the meat stays submerged in the water bath.
- Set your sous vide to 131 degrees place your meat in the water bath and leave it for 24 hours up to 48.
- After 24 hours it’s ready but the texture will be different with the longer cooking times don’t be afraid to experiment. After 24 hours place ribs in an ice bath and either finish them right away or you can place in fridge until you are ready to finish them.
- To finish I dry the ribs off and spread the ribs on tray and drizzle either BBQ sauce honey or silan on top.
- Broil for 2 min on each side to create a caramelization.
Ready to eat!