There was always a dish growing up that I couldn’t get enough of. I remember my grandmother
Kashering fresh chicken livers straight from the butcher under the broiler, and then being able to
have these amazing fresh hot chicken livers. I love them plain, but I also love them as chopped
liver and even in large chunks with sautéed onions. I now make a version of liver and onions
that reminds me of the way my grandmother made them. It’s a cross between the silky smooth
chopped liver and the chunky liver and onions that I usually favor when I spot them at kidushim.
This Liver is an amazing treat on Pesach because the ingredients don’t really change from
Pesach to all year round. I don’t like to Kasher my own chicken livers it’s usually a big pain.
Baruch Hashem Meal Mart makes these packages of chicken livers that are just whole broiled
livers that you can then add your own additions. I found K for P crackers and I can’t wait to
have these livers at my Yontif table
- 1 package Meal Mart broiled chicken livers
- 1 large onion chopped small
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Turn the flame on medium and In a sauté pan add oil then add onions allow them to cook down
- until caramelized and translucent about 15 minutes.
- Add the spices to the onions and cook 5 minutes more set aside to cool.
- Chop the liver on a cutting board into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the cooked onion mixture and mix.
- Add the 2 tbsp mayonnaise and mix.
- Serve with Pesach crackers or on matzah.