This is an easy, delicious and gorgeous recipe sure to please anyone! My family really looks forward to eating it every Passover!
Stuffed Breast of Veal
Write a review
- 3-4 lbs breast of veal
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup matzo meal or potato starch
- 1/3 lb ground veal
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh horseradish
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh thyme
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- Splash of olive oil
- Let the apricots soak in hot water to soften. Cool. Then chop, reserving the liquid.
- In a bowl beat the egg, stir in matzo meal or potato starch, ground veal, 1/4 cup apricot liquid, parsley, horseradish, garlic, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and honey blending well.
- Place veal top side down, trim fat, debone and butterfly veal breast. Stuff the veal with the above mixture in the pocket and roll up the veal and tie at ends. Place on a baking pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and olive oil. Place onion, carrot, and celery around meat. Add hot water.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
- Uncover and bake 30 min longer until meat is tender, stuffing is firm and looks golden brown. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/