Rich chocolate cakes with a molten center and minimal effort! Kosher for Passover and gluten-free.
Hot Chocolate Cakes
● 250 gram dark chocolate
● 1 cup Oil
● 5 eggs
● 1 1/4 cup White sugar
● 3/4 cup potato starch
● 1/2 cup cocoa powder
● 2 bars of chocolate(for adding to the centers later)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. In a microwave safe bowl, add the 250 grams of
chocolate and the oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave again
for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
2. One at a time, add in the eggs to the chocolate, and whisk in between till
smooth. The mixture will thicken with each addition. Add the sugar, potato
starch, and cocoa and stir to combine.
3. Fit a muffin tin with muffin liners, or place your soufflé dishes/muffin
containers, on a baking tray. There is no need to oil them. Break up the
chocolate bars into squares. Spoon the cake mix into the liners, and press
down a piece of chocolate into the center of each one.
4. Bake at 325 F for 13 minutes. These can be frozen and re-heated. Serve Hot.
*If you want to halve the recipe, which I often do for a small batch, use only 2 eggs,
and halve all the other ingredients as normal.
Estee was raised on the island of Kauai and moved to Israel at 18. She worked as a baker in the IDF, and trained as a chef in restaurants across Israel. She works professionally as a sushi chef and writes for her blog Soul and Streusel. Pop on over and say hello!
Check out her recipes at soulandstreusel.com and follow her on Instagram @estee_bestie