Here is my steak salad recipe which is fantastic for Pesach, would make a delicious Chol Hamoed dinner, and it can be easily adapted for a crowd!
- 3 large handfuls arugula
- 1 can hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 pieces “strip steak” but skirt steak or any steak that slices well would work too
- 1 large handful parsley
- Juice of a small lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp water or as needed to thin out to your liking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You can arrange on a platter as I did, or serve in a bowl topped with the steak, just be sure to mix the salad with some dressing before placing steak on top.
Vanessa Haberman is a recipe developer and food stylist. She loves using seasonal ingredients to create new and interesting dishes across different cuisines, with Mediterranean and Thai being favorites. Her cooking requires minimal prep, and utilizes fresh veggies and herbs to create a pop of flavor. You can follow along with her @platesandpetals where she shares the fabulous food she makes for her always busy table of family and friends!