Perfect Yom Tov Brisket that will impress your family and friends!
Montreal Spiced Braised Brisket
Write a review
- 1 (4-pound) brisket
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup beer
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Rub steak seasoning all over the brisket.
- Add oil to pan and sear for 6-10 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove the brisket from frying pan and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add onions and salt to frying pan and lower heat to medium. Add more oil, if necessary.
- Sauté for 15 minutes, until onions are softened and lightly golden brown. Add beer to the pan to deglaze and pick up all the flavorful bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add barbecue sauce and apricot preserves to pan to create a smooth sauce.
- Pour onion mixture over brisket.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and braise for 3 hours.
- Allow roast to cool in pan before refrigerating or slicing.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight and slice when cold.
- Slice roast, reheat and serve.
- Use first or second cut, depending on your preference for a lean (first cut) or fattier (second cut) roast. You can also make this recipe with minute roast, top of rib roast or French roast.
- Freezes well.
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/