These Oreo Truffles are the perfect treat for Shavuot! With only three ingredients required, they’re easy to make and even more delicious to eat!
No Bake Oreo Truffles for Shavuot
- 36 Oreos
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened (Do not use light cream cheese, as it is thinner and not as rich.)
- 16 oz melted white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place 36 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie, don’t remove cream filling) and pulse too fine crumbs. Alternatively, if you don’t own a food processor, you can place Oreos in a large resealable bag, seal bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed.
- Add cream cheese to the Oreo crumbs in the food processor or a large bowl. Pulse in bursts until well combined or do this with a stand mixer (set on a low speed), electric mixer, or by hand with a spoon until the mixture is well blended.
- Scoop the mixture out about 1 Tbsp at a time and form 1 inch balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place truffles in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or using the double boiler method.
- Remove truffles from the freezer and dip in melted chocolate. Use a spoon to pour some chocolate over the top then lift and allow excess chocolate to run off.
- Return the truffles to the baking sheet. While the chocolate is still warm, immediately sprinkle the truffles with desired toppings (i.e. crushed Oreos, sprinkles, melted chocolate drizzle.) Allow chocolate to set in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Then can sit at room temperature up to 2 hours when serving. Yes, they can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.