I don’t know about you, but I LOVE anything with cheese on it, especially pasta! This 3 cheese pesto lasagna is so easy to put together, and makes the perfect dish for Shavuos! Cheesy, and full of flavor from the pesto, this dish will make you go back for seconds…and ok thirds too!
3 Cheese Pesto Lasagna
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2cups milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella ( and handful extra for topping)
- 16 ounce ricotta
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a few dashes of salt (adjust to your liking, keep in mind that parmesan is salty)
- Pesto: 1 1/2 -2cups, I bought a ready made one, but feel free to make your own
- 9 ounce lasagna box ( I bought oven ready- no pre cooking required)
- Preheat oven to 425
- For white sauce: melt the butter over medium heat, stir in flour until it becomes a paste.
- Slowly add in the milk while stirring and then the seasonings. Stir occasionally, until it gets thick and coats the back of a spoon about 6-7 minutes. Remove from fire and stir in cheese until melted.
- For ricotta mixture: mix all ingredients together
- Take a 9x13 pan and pour a little white sauce on the bottom. Add a few sheets of pasta, top with more sauce, then add a few spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture, and top with another few spoonfuls of pesto. Repeat process 2 more times. Top lasagna with the remaining sauce,pesto, and cheese. Cover and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes to get the top golden brown.
- I love to bake them individually as well, and serve them directly in their baking dish!
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/