Looking for a velvety, rich, smooth (the list goes on) pasta recipe that is still yummy when
reheated on Yom Tov? I’ve got you!
This sauce can be made in advance, stored in the refrigerator and reheated on a hot plate
during the holiday. Then just reheat your pasta separately, mix together and serve!
It stays as yummy as day 1!
¼ cup butter
– 1 small yellow onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 tbsp tomato paste
– 2 tbsp vodka
– 1 can whole tomatoes with juice (about 796ml)
– ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 ½ tbsp sugar
– 1 ½ cup heavy cream
– 3 tbsp cream cheese
– ¼ cup pasta water
1) In a large skillet, melt you butter on medium high heat. Add onion and sauce until
2) Add garlic, tomato paste and vodka and sauté until garlic is fragrant. Lower heat to
medium low. Add whole tomatoes, parsley, lemon and sugar. Mix and let everything
cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Add heavy cream, cream cheese and pasta water and mix until heated through.
4) Transfer everything into a blender. Blend at high speed until everything is fully
5) Return to pan. Whisk the sauce at medium heat until it slightly thickens.
Born and raised in Montreal, Guila Sandroussy brings authentic Moroccan traditions and
flavours to the modern kitchen. She studied Education at McGill University, yet quickly realized
where her true passion was. She started experimenting with cooking when she got married and
rises up to the challenge of 3 picky eaters on a daily! Follow her food adventures on Instagram @tastyandhasty