Tasty Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Pizza, makes a great appetizer, side, and of course main!
Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Pizza
Write a review
- 1 Flatbread (I used Brooklyn bred)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Shallot
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Handful of finely chopped Parsley (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the sweet potato and toss with olive oil salt and pepper. Cook for 40-45 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, cut up the shallot and saute for about 5-7 minutes, or until translucent. Add the maple syrup and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, lower the temperature to 350F.
- Place the shredded Mozzarella cheese on the prepared flat bread and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Once melted, add the shallots, sweet potato and feta cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into 5-6 pieces.
- Sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes for garnish .
- For Variation Add roasted beets with the sweet potatoes.
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/