Apricot Turnovers! Delicious and easy dessert, perfect for Shavuot!
Write a review
- 1 can of apricots
- Around a tsp of cinnamon (a bit more if you like)
- Around 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- Around a tbsp of vanilla pudding powder (or a tsp of vanilla)
- Frozen puff pastry (I used half a roll)
- 1 egg
- Extra cinnamon and sugar
- Drain the apricots well and then deseed and slice them up. Add all the remaining ingredients to the apricots (except for the puff pastry & “extra cinnamon and sugar”) and mix well.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and slice it up into rectangles. Place around a tbsp of the apricot mixture on 1 half of the rectangle and then fold the top over it to create a square. Use a fork to seal the sides of the turnover. Repeat that step with the rest of the dough.
- In a cup, mix a few tbsp of sugar with around a tbsp of cinnamon.
- Egg wash the turnovers and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over them.
- Bake on 350 for around 20 mins (depending on your oven it may need less or more time).
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/
Tehila Kohanim is 20 years old, and is married for almost 2 years. She’s located primarily in Givaat shmuel, Israel but also in Great Neck, NY for quite some time during the year. She cooks regularly for her husband and herself, but also for the many guests they have all the time! Tehila works full time for a high tech company in Israel, but also runs her Instagram account @treatsbytehila, on the side. Cooking and baking is her passion. She especially loves creating super easy and on-the-go recipes such as this delicious turnover recipe for Shavuot!