On our Mid-Winter Vacation with Kosher Luxe in Mammoth California the culinary team there served a delicious Moroccan Salmon appetizer for Shabbos dinner. My kids loved it so much they kept asking for more, and in true Kosher Luxe style they had plenty for all. Upon returning back to New York after vacation my kids requested one dish for Shabbos and that was the Moroccan Salmon we had on vacation. Since I forgot to ask the chef’s there how they made it, here is my take on it and since my kids love it, I think we have a winner!
Write a review
- 2 red (can be orange or yellow too) peppers cut into strips
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 jalapeños seeded and cut into strips (use gloves for this)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes or marinara sauce (I only like the green can from Trader Joe’s if you are going to go with this option it really tastes like plain crushed tomatoes)
- ½ can full of water
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 4-6 bbq cut salmon fillets with the skin off cut in half
- In a sauté pan place 1-2 tbsp olive oil and add the onions, garlic, and jalapeños and peppers allow them to sweat and become soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water, and spices.
- Mix until combined and allow to cook down about 10- 15 minutes until the flavors come together (adjust seasoning as needed).
- Turn the flame down and add the chickpeas.
- Add the pieces of salmon and cover them with the sauce.
- Cover the pot and cook the salmon on medium heat for 5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Top with cilantro or parsley for garnish and squeeze a lemon at the end for brightness.
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/
How much is one can crushed tomatoes?
When you say a can of crushed tomatoes, should it be the smaller can (approximately 15 oz) or the large can (approximately 28 oz.)? Thank you.
I made this last night and it was phenomenal! Thank you for sharing!!