Ok I know the kosher world has been obsessed with the recent Biscoff Lotus Cookie Butter spread craze that has come into the market. I decided to jump on the band wagon to see what the hype was all about and guess what, I now get it. This stuff is terribly addicting and OMG so good.
The second I got it I think I ate half the jar and downed a package of the cookies. I made my kids hide it from me so I can use it to play with it in the Kosher Guru Test Kitchen. My first experiment was cookie butter buns and I just have no words of how amazing they came out. Pretty much they were devoured the second they were taken out of the oven. The cookie butter was then on my head and I was thinking what else can I make with this jar of gold. It was actually “hidden in my pantry next to a bucket of California Gourmet Belgian Chocolate Chunks and I’m looking and staring and I’m like of course stuffed chocolate chunk cookies how bad can that be. I’m a huge chocolate chip cookie fan and now obviously a huge Biscoff fan so let’s see how it comes out combined and let me tell you I couldn’t just stop at one batch I think I made them every night for a week we just couldn’t get enough. I made my regular cookie dough batter but I cut out some of the sugar because with the cookie butter stuffing well who needs it. I combine sugar, brown sugar, oil egg and vanilla mix till really well incorporated then add my flour and baking powder, salt and last but not least I add the California Gourmet chocolate chunks they’re like pure rich dark chocolate not too sweet but so delicious. Not too sweet. So once it’s all incorporated it’s time to make the cookies. I took about a tablespoon of the dough and spread it flat onto my cookie sheet I then added about a half tea spoon of cookie butter and folded the cookie dough over the cookie butter to form almost a round ball I then put it on the cookie sheet and just pressed down to flatten it a little. I repeated this until I used up all my cookie dough. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until cookie looks set. Eat immediately to enjoy the yumminess of the warm cookie butter.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 egg
- Tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Small pinch salt
- ½ cup California Gourmet Belgian chocolate mini chunks
- Biscoff Lotus cookie butter smooth or crunchy
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugars oil egg and vanilla till smooth.
- Add flour baking powder and salt mix again until all ingredients are incorporated dough should be easy to handle not too sticky.
- Add in California Gourmet chocolate chunks.
- To stuff the cookie use about a tbsp of cookie dough and flatten on either parchment paper, silpat mat or any non-stick surface.
- Add a half tsp of cookie butter to flattened dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough around the cookie butter you should have a round ball and you shouldn’t see any cookie butter.
- Place cookie ball on a cookie sheet gently flatten the cookie repeat making sure you leave space between the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 min till cookie is set and no longer looks raw.
- Devour at once to enjoy the warm cookie butter goodness .