I love this recipe because it makes my family happy! Firstly, I rarely fry anything so it is a real treat. Secondly, anything that resembles a year round treat seems to be exciting on
- Egg Roll Wrap
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup and 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup potato starch
- Combine all ingredients , cook batter as if you were making a crepe in a lightly greased non stick 8 or 9 inch pan until set, flip and continue cooking until for 10-15 seconds or until cooked through.
- Sauté 1 onion, 3 cups shredded cabbage and 2 stalks thinly sliced celery in olive oil until tender. Add julienned pastrami to the mixture (if you have any chicken leftovers, this is a great way to repurpose those as well). Season with salt , pepper and garlic powder. Let cool.
- 2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-3 cups mashed potato flakes combined with 1-2 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika
- Oil for frying
- Bring oil to a medium high heat.
- Lay a pesach spring roll wrap on a flat surface. Fill a heaping tablespoon of the filling and place 1/3 of the way up , fold the sides in (similar to an envelope fold) and roll up, coat in egg and then instant mashed potato mixture. Fry on each side, start with the seam side down and fry until golden. Serve with a sweet duck sauce.
Amy Stopnicki is a busy mother of four, an active member of her community and successful event planner for over 15 years. Her culinary business skills have included menu creation, coordinating and implementing food tastings and events for more than 900 people. Amy is frequently asked to do cooking demos for private groups as well as non-profit organizations. She lives in Toronto with her husband and four children.Whether feeding a family on a busy weeknight, preparing a Shabbos meal, or a holiday dinner for 20, Amy is a woman with a plan. In Kosher Taste, she shares that plan with you.