You shouldn’t have to wait until Shavuos to enjoy a slice of cheesecake with your morning coffee! These Kosher for Passover lime cheesecake bars are the perfect balance of zesty lime and sweet creamy cheesecake goodness.
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 3/4 Cups Kosher for Passover graham crumbs (you may substitute for regular graham cracker crumbs during the year)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted butter (1 stick)
- Cheesecake Filling
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Lime juice
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Mix together the crumbs, sugar and butter, until it resembles wet sand. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, and then set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking, mix together the sugar and cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the yogurt, lime juice, zest and vanilla extract. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges of the cheesecake are set and lightly golden. The center will be slightly jiggly, and that’s fine.
- Cool completely and transfer the pan to the fridge. Refrigerate for minimum 4 hours before slicing.
Sara is a certified chef who trained in classic French and Middle Eastern cuisine at the Jerusalem Culinary Institute. Her background includes recipe development, styling, and photography for an array of clients. You can follow her daily projects over on @tomatoes_tomahtos.com.
Recipe and image by Sara Goldstein of tomatoestomahtos.com