Delicious sweet Dulce De Leche Hamantaschen, perfect recipe to try this Purim!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-5 tsp milk (if needed)
- Slice room temperature butter into small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix. Then add all the rest of the ingredients slowly while mixing. When the dough crumbles take it out of the mixer and knead by hand until smooth.
- Place the dough wrap on plastic wrap in the fridge until 3 hrs.
- Pre heat the over at 350 F
- Roll out the dough, cut circles and put oven proof Dulce de leche in the middle. Close the circle to create the hamantashen shape and bake it for around 15 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Cool the off and enjoy!!!
Devorah Sandler grew up in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Once she moved to USA, Devorah ’s fond memories of the mouth-watering aroma of alfajores and Argentinian desserts swirling through her childhood home, inspired her to start baking for her children. And their friends. And neighbors. And neighbors’ friends. And neighbors’ friends’ friends.
She specializes on Argentinian dairy desserts, like Alfajores, churros, flan and everything with dulce de leche. You can view her stunning work @joyofcholov on Instagram. Now she lives in Airmont, NY with her husband and 4 children. She can be reach at JoyOfCholov@gmail.com.