Tasty hamantaschen recipe that are vegan, doesn’t contain sugar and has a yummy date filling!
These hamantaschen are actually pretty natural in taste, you can fill them up with any spread you want, even a savory one. The dough is so simple to whip up as you just need 3 ingredients then roll the dough and you don’t even need to wait and cool it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup date spread
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F with the fan.
- In a bowl mix the flour, oil and boiling water to a unified dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface.
- Use a glass or a round cookie cutter to cut circles out of the dough.
- Fill each dough circle with 1 teaspoon of date spread and close the dough into triangular-shaped cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Cool at room temperature.
- Have a hamantaschen and Happy Purim!
Mostly the recipes she whips up are vegetarian, as she tries to live believe a healthy lifestyle. However she does bakes cookies and decadent cakes, it’s important to have balance!
Not only is Renana’s love for food well-known but her passion for food photography is as well. All of the photos on her blog are her own! Renana’s blog may be a hobby, as she works as a web developer in the day, but it’s a hobby that she hopes to continue and indulge for years to come.
Follow her food adventures on Instagram @renanas_kitchen