The last licks of summer is still here. It’s definitely hot enough to be summer that’s for sure. I still am getting amazing peaches, nectarines, and plums and the yummy stone fruits from the local supermarkets. I’m really picky with my stone fruit and I like it to be rock hard. If it doesn’t pass my touch test then it goes straight to be baked. I like making peach crisp for dessert in the summer because they are super simple easy and I usually have some stone fruits in the fridge that don’t pass my rock hard test. So In honor of the last licks of summer here is my version of the peach crisp I hope you enjoy!
- 6 ripe peaches pitted and cut up small
- Dash of cinnamon
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup oil
- In a bowl mix the peaches, dash of cinnamon, lemon juice, and vanilla sugar to coat.
- Place peaches in a ceramic pie plate.
- To make the crumbs add all ingredients in a bowl and mix until it resembles sand.
- Pour crumbs over peaches and bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour until peaches are soft and it’s bubbly.
Serve with ice cream & enjoy!