This Thai seared tofu in kiwi, ginger and chili sauce with mango kiwi salsa – a bright, flavourful and colourful dish that can be prepped in advance or made in one go, and which satisfies most finicky modern eaters (vegans, caeliacs, diabetics and those with nut sensitivities – rejoice!).
- 2 kiwis 1 golden, 1 green or another combo
- 1- inch knob of ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1- inch piece of Thai chili minced finely
- 1 sprig Thai basil
- 1 block firm tofu sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 mango cubed
- 2 golden kiwis peeled and cubed
- 1/4 red onion minced
- 1 spring of Thai basil chopped finely
- 1 lime wedge
- Add all marinade ingredients to blender, and blender until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Spread tofu steaks in a shallow wide dish, and cover wth sauce. Let marinade for at least 30 mins, though the longer the better.
- Meanwhile, combine all salsa ingredients in a separate bowl, and squeeze out the lime wedge. Let macerate.
- When ready to cook, remove tofu from marinade, and set marinade aside in a little jar. Season tofu with salt.
- Preheat a grill pan to high heat, and season with a bit of oil. Add tofu, and grill on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, until clear grill marks appear. Turn over and repeat on other side.
- Immediately serve tofu drizzled generously with marinade and topped with salsa.
- Decorate with additional chopped basil.
I am available for freelance articles, recipe development, food photography & styling.
If you are interested in partnering with me and At the Immigrant’s Table on recipe development around your brand or product, drop me a line at email@example.com.