Bringing all the grill charm to this grilled purple cabbage salad. Smokey grilled cabbage wedges paired with a tangy apple cider vinaigrette, brings all the personality to one salad.
Grilled purple cabbage salad w/ creamy apple cider vinaigrette
Write a review
- 1 Medium head red cabbage,
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
Creamy apple cider vinaigrette
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chives, sliced
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Slice the tip of the cabbage core (the part that’s sticking out) so the cabbage head can rest steady. Place cabbage on the cutting board core side down. Cut the cabbage in half vertically, further cut
- each half into 4 wedges (each with a piece of the core intact).
- Season each steak generously with olive oil, and salt, be sure both sides are covered.
- Place cabbage wedges on the grill at a 90° angle, this will help you achieve grill marks.
- Cook steaks for 10 minutes on the first side, then flip to the second side and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until cabbage is slightly charred and core is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer to platter pour dressing over and serve immediately.
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/