This beef kebab orange-herb marinade is adapted from an appetizer I used to make on the grill station at Spice Market Restaurant. It’s an updated post as the original one was It is super flavorful and is great to make when entertaining since you just throw it all in the blender. Your guests will be asking you for this recipe, guaranteed!
This hits it all, sweet, salty, spicy, umami, herbaceous and citrus notes.
Grilled Beef Kebabs with Orange-Herb Marinade
Write a review
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro (discard only tough stems at the ends)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 small oranges, zested (not juice, just peel)
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 2 pounds chuck steak (good marbeling)
- Blend all ingredients until fully combined and marinate beef for up to 3 hours.
- Skewer meat on metal skewers or wooden ones that have been soaking in water overnight.
- Grill the beef at the hottest temperature with the grill cover closed, until fully charred on all sides.
- If cooking indoors, prepare a sheet pan (cookie pan) with parchment or foil and top with a cooling rack and roast at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, turning half way through. They should be charred on all sides.
KosherGuru - Bringing Anything and Everything Kosher to the Masses https://thekosherguru.com/
I am proud to say I am trained at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY and I cooked professionally for over 10 years. I have been fortunate to work with some really amazing chefs in New York City during that time.My goal is to empower home cooks with knowledge and give them more confidence in the kitchen. To inspire.
I love the feeling of teaching someone something they didn’t know before. I love helping people do something better or faster in the kitchen. I want to be your culinary resource!